As some of you may already know, I've been using Blinksale for invoices for the last year. It did the trick early on, but had a few missing features, like printing (for those clients that still use paper) that made using it a little more painful. I stuck with it, and somewhere within the last year they pretty much implemented all the features I was looking for.
Today for the first time I experienced a bug that caused a small amount of data loss. To summarize, I tried to "receive payment" on an older invoice. When I entered the required data, all the line items of that particular invoice were deleted, so it then showed up as an invoice to the client for $0.00. Not good. So I naturally sent off a bug report to the Blinksale support email. About an hour later I had the following response from John Critz:
Hello, Jeff -
The problem has been fixed. Please let me know if you are unable to recreate the data you lost and I'll try to restore what I can from our database backups.
We are so very sorry for the inconvenience and frustration this must have caused. We are more than happy to give you a free month to make up for our mistake. Please let me know if you would like to take us up on that offer.
Now that is good service. Sure enough, I tried to reproduce the bug again and it appeared to be fixed. Good job, guys.