I decided to take my blog postings off of the home page for my site, since in some situations it was taking up to 30 seconds for my site to load. I'm not sure if it's a problem with .Text being slow, webhost4life's database servers being slow, or something else. I know that our work blog doesn't suffer from any performance problems, so it's probably just a webhost4life issue. Until then, witness the inanity that is my homepage.
That being said, webhost4life seems to be plenty fast for undercurrentsonline.com, so maybe I'm barking up the wrong tree. Just in case I'm not, however, I noticed cityhost.ca offers really cheap rates, plus they have ASP.NET access using Mono on their Fedora web servers. Could be worth trying just for the novelty value. Hell, for $9.95 a month I'll try anything.
Just as a side note; In order to perform this admittedly minor update to the site, all I had to do was download the SiteContent.xml file, add in a new section called 'blog', change some content, and then upload the file back up. Blam! Menues updated, content updated, everything working nicely. Maybe I'm on to something.